Get ready to cook (and eat!) because this Saturday is the IRON CHEF family competition!
Date: Saturday, Feb. 28th (tomorrow!)
Location: Olson 6 / Your family leader’s kitchen
Time: morning (specifically determined by each family) – cooking
2:30pm – arrive in Olson 6 for judging (more points for being on time!)
Family cooking locations:
1 – Marcus’ – 2808 Sycamore Lane
2 – Sachi’s – Fountain Circle #42 (1213 Alvarado Ave.)
3 – Ashley’s – Fountain Circle #56
4 – Lesli’s – Chaparral #J2 (2689 Sycamore Lane)
and the secret ingredient is….. POTATOES!!!
– Use the secret ingredient as a primary ingredient in EVERY dish.
– Prepare at least one main dish and one dessert.
– Each dish serves at least 20 people.
– All the cooking is done together, in the specified kitchen on Saturday morning.
Each family has been given a bag of potatoes and a $10 starting budget.
Judgement: 4 judges (one from each family) will be looking for:
– Use of ingredient
– Presentation (appearance/plating)
– Chefs (all that participated in cooking) – split the cost of ingredients. Have money with you when you meet up with your family so you can take care of the bill then.
– Tasters (if you only want to try all the food afterward) – $3.00. Arrive at Olson 6 around 2:30.
Help your family by contributing ideas or just giving moral support.
Don’t forget to wear your family colors!!
Who’s cuisine will reign supreme?
Come out Saturday to find out!